Judgement And Gossip

So this is a topic I have frequently thought about and it drives me crazy when I do. Because its not something I should have to worry about. But since it is I guess I should discuss it here. The other day I talked to a lady about gossip and people judging each other. Now, I'm homeschooled so you know the place we were talking about this sort of thing happening?

   Church.

   Can anyone tell me whats wrong with that? If you can't then allow me to explain. We are the CHURCH! We are God's children! We are called to be separated from the rest of the world and be different! Yet...we aren't doing a very good job at that.

   I don't know about your church or your friends but I know about mine. I know they have a problem with gossip. Everyone knows about everything and blah blah blah. I've seen gossip tear friends apart and tear a single person down. It's nasty. So why do we take part in it? We do more then simply take part in it, we enjoy it! Does gossip accomplish anything? No. It has no purpose other then to seek and tear down others. Its selfish. Let's see what the bible has to say about gossip.

   I really like this verse. It's specifically geared towards women since we are notorious for being gossips.

   "Woman must likewise be dignified, not malicious gossips, but temperate, faithful in all things." -1 Timothy 5:11

   Proverbs 20:19 says "He who goes about as a slander reveals secrets, therefor do not associate with gossip."

   Those are strict commands! Stay away from gossip! Its not right. It's a sin. It hurts other people and it will cause you trouble as well. I hate how its such a big thing in our church. I hate admitting it, but its true. I know I can't stop everyone from saying things about others but there are a few things I can do, and will do. Like encourage people to stop gossiping, or to stop the talk when I do hear it. Most people have a tolerance for it. Everyone knows its wrong, yet we don't stand up to stop it either.

   Another thing is judging others. You know exactly what I mean. Like when that girl walks in to youth group and she has a nose piercing and all you can think is "Oh, she's a trouble maker." STOP JUDGING PEOPLE FOR GOODNESS SAKE! Jesus hung out with the sinners and the lowly and He calls us to reach out to them as well! We aren't better then them! I know I'm a sinner and I don't deserve to have grace! I'm a Christian because I know I'm not perfect and I mess up daily. But Jesus died for me. The sinner.

   When you judge people you think yourself higher than the person you are judging, when in reality, we're all in the same boat. So let's stop the hate. That's so cliched but the most cliched things are usually the most true. Stop gossip and judging and hating. Especially in the Church. We are God's kids and if we portray God's kids as slanderers and gosspips...why should people come to Christ? You are a representative of Jesus Christ. Act like one.




This is one of my favorite clips from the movie To Save A Life. Enjoy:)


   Also, a special shout out to my 20th follower -A LoveAlwaysAnonymous
   Thank you for following me and being my 20th follower! And thank you for everyone who got me to that number! May the Force be with all of you!

Comments

Popular Posts