Dear Girls

   Dear girls,

   I wanted to write an open to letter to all the females of the world. I want you to slow down and think because there are so many messages you receive and I know that sometimes it's hard to decipher what to believe and what to ignore. It's hard when the world tells you one thing and your gut tells you another. I know we live in a cruel world that is especially hard on females. I know you might not be sure who you want to be and that's okay.


   Dear girls, I want you to know that you're so beautiful.
   You don't need to compare yourself to anyone else. You don't have to be beautiful like the next girl; you are beautiful in the way you were created to be. Love yourself. Please don't harm your precious body trying to reach an unrealistic goal of perfection. Please don't punish your beautiful temple for not being enough. Stop relying on silly numbers to tell you your worth because those numbers are liars. Your weight will fluctuate, your grades will change, your bank account will be full and empty; all those things are a part of life and do not have any correlation to your value.

   Dear girls, be strong. Be independent. Be fearless.
   Be your own anchor. Don't let your happiness be dependent on a boy. Don't let the opinions of other people dictate your every move. Be the person you want to be. Don't be afraid to love the things you love, whether it be sports or Starbucks or video games or makeup. Know that you are complete; you are not a soul wandering around, waiting for her life to start when she meets a man. Your life is now. Don't be afraid to travel alone or be alone. Fear not the isolation but embrace the adventure. Don't listen to people who say that boys don't like independent girls. Be whole on your own.

   But girls, be soft.
   Be gentle. Be forgiving. Know that tears are not a sign of weakness. Your femininity does not make you weak; it makes you strong. Your ability to be kind is a lovely thing. Be humble enough to accept help.

   Dear girls, be modest.
   Truthfully, I hate that word, but I want you to know that you don't need to show your body to get attention and to be loved. You are not a disgrace for the way you dress. I know that sometimes it can seem like a competition and the only way to get ahead is by showing off the most skin but darling, you don't need to prove yourself to anyone.

   Dear girls, excel.
   Excel in your education, in your work place, in your passions. Don't dumb yourself down to please people. Do your best. Do your best in sports and business and science and math. Don't be intimidated by male dominated spaces. You are just as important. You are valuable.

   Dear girls, enjoy your time alone.
   Solitude is a gift. Being single is a gift. Take time by yourself to discover who you are, as cliche as that sounds. Try new ideas. Pick up hobbies. Have adventures on your own.

   Dear girls, love your boyfriend or husband.
   Serve him. Adore him. Honor him. Know that while yes, he is not above you, your desire should be to humble yourself and love him. Love him, love him, love him.

   Dear girls, don't tear each other down.
   This is not a contest. We have enough crap to deal with, we don't need it from friends. Girls, we need to stop putting each other down. We need to build each other up and support each other. Give compliments often. Hug one another. Don't gossip. Be kind. Other girls are not your competition. They are your friends.

   Dear girls, embrace your femininity.
   We can be looked down on for loving "girly" things but you can be strong and wear red lipstick at the same time. There's seriously nothing wrong with wearing pink and going shopping and doing your makeup. High heels are great and dresses are great. Being a girl is great. Stop letting people put you down for being a female.

   Dear girls, live.
   Dance like no one is watching. Sing your favorite song at the top of your lungs. Be crazy. Be wild. Be yourself. Embrace every part of yourself, even the parts that you hate.

   You matter in this world. Sometimes you need to fight for things. You are worth fighting for. It took me too long to learn all these things and I hope you understand way before I did. I love you so much. I love seeing girls who are confident in who they are. You inspire me. Remember all these things because you never know who's watching you. There's a girl somewhere that wants to be just like you. Be strong for her. Girls should inspire each other. So learn from females who have lived longer than you and be a role model for the younger generations.

   Now get out there and show the world what you're made of.









Comments

  1. This is an amazing, uplifting, inspiring post! Thank you! So many girls and young ladies (including myself) need this. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAS! Very encouraged by this post! Thank you so much for postingggg!! :)

    ~Ashy
    apieceofmysky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was very inspiring and beautiful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith, this is great. I was afraid this might be one of those feminist things, but it's really not. It's just the truth about girls, an I'm proud of you for sticking up for us girls like that, in a world where we are put down - and by those who think they are making us stronger! Feminists just...drive me crazy in how they think, tbh. But you said some very truthful things. Like, be modest? YES! And love your men? YES! Those are both good, Biblical things that are not in any way shameful for women to do, no matter what the world says. So thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well, I am a feminist. I just have probably slightly different views from those you're thinking of. Feminist isnt a bad word. Some people just get the wrong idea when they hear it.
      but Im glad you liked it and were willing to read it even if you didn't think you'd like it. I appreciate it :)

      Delete
  5. Faith,

    YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! I love this so so much! For to be a woman is a complex, wonderful thing, not something we should ruin with comparison and competition. It is girly and strong. It is independent and loving. It is beautiful and hard working.

    I struggle with worrying about being too girly, not skinny enough, not popular enough. I feel the complexity. Thank you for feeling this with me and encouaraging me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so welcome beautiful! I'm glad you found it encouraging. Stay strong!

      Delete
  6. This is great and what ever girl needs to hear! I love this so much.

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post! Great to see others writing like this too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the most beautiful thing I've read all week. Thank you for this incredible encouragement! Keep shining your light.

    Serena
    poetree {blog} | editing services

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so beautiful! I love that you appreciate that women are valuable and believe wholeheartedly in the good parts of feminism while also encouraging modesty and femininity and other things that many feminists reject. People think it's a black and white line, and it's really not, and you captured Biblical womanhood so beautifully without putting women down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You rock! Thank you so much for writing this. It's what I've been needing to hear, especially the competition part. I'm really struggling with comparing myself to others right now. But I love the spirit of this post -- living this one precious life like it is a wild adventure. Because it is. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was so cool! I loved it and I hope to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember reading this a while back and I was going to comment but it slipped my mind totally.

    BUT WOAH GIRL I LOVE THIS. Just everything you said is so incredible. Wow. And for me personally a lot of these things I honestly can't do on my own -- loving myself? it's really hard, but for me I've found that looking through things from God's point of view is SUPAH helpful. Like life-giving. God has given us love, power, and a sound mind when we follow Him, and I honestly think that rooted in Christ and living fearless is truly living.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is beautiful. Everyone really needs to see your post, it's incredibly inspiring and encouraging :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and so inspirational. A great response to all the hate going on these days. Nicely done!

    Skylar | Skywriting

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Faith,
    hanks for stopping by my old friend :) How are you? I hope you are doing great.
    Thank you for keep empowring other women in this crazy world. Keep shinning for God.
    Love all these pictures.
    Blessing,
    Delvalina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts