Boasting

Most of my blog posts start off by me saying I've been thinking. Well, I have been. I've also been doing a lot of praying. I feel like God is trying to tell me something but I don't really know what. I usually know when He's trying to get me attention, and I feel it, I just don't know what He wants me to see. So I was listening to music and let me just say this: music is amazing. It always helps me. Whenever I'm in a situation, writing also helps me sort through my thoughts. As I was listening to a song called Boasting by Lecrae (listen to it right now if you don't know it.) I realized how blessed I am. Just like it says in the song "With every breath I take, every heartbeat, sunrise and the moonlight in the dark streets, every glance, every dance, every note of a song, it's all a gift undeserved that I shouldn't have known. Every day that I lie, every moment I covet, I'm deserving to die. I'm just earning Your judgement." Wow. Amazing lyrics. I would love to post all of them, but I won't. Maybe another time. Anyway, it says in Galatians 6:14 "But it may never be that I would boast, except in the cross of out Lord Jesus Christ..."
With everything I've been through you really wouldn't think I would have much to boast about. But I do. I can boast about my amazing God! Who can be YOUR amazing God too, all you have to do is believe. Believe that we are all sinners in need of a savior, and that Jesus died to save you. He is the only way to heaven. I can boast in that.
So this is it. This is me being grateful for everything. For the good things and for the bad things. Because they have shaped me into who I am now. With the things still going on with me are shaping me to be a better person. Who God created me to be.
I am thankful for my family that loves me to pieces, for my house that I didn't have 2 years ago and even then I was in a better place then some people and could still be grateful. I'm thankful for people who love me because they build me up, I'm thankful for the trials because they make me stronger, I'm thankful for the stars in the sky, for the sunrise that makes my heart melt. For awkward moments and moments I can't breathe because they teach me what being a Christian is about. For my life, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm thankful for my glasses, for the fact that I'm a "sheltered homeschooler", for my blood disease though sometimes I hate it. Actually, most of the time I hate it. But there are people with way worse diseases then I have. I love flowers and rain; I praise God for the things people say, my blonde hair and my flexibility. My talents are a gift from God, though I'm not perfect but when God see's me I know He looks on me with love. A love far greater then I can understand. I'm thankful for chocolate and ice cream, bubbles baths and Star Wars, for the times I feel like I'm loosing my mind. I'm thankful for the times God nudges me back to Him, it hurts sometimes but I would rather Him push me back towards Him then Him leave me straying from Him.
This blog really wasn't for anyone, it was mostly for me. To remind myself who God is, how much He loves me and how much I have to be thankful for. Yes, sometimes life gets complicated and all you want to do is hide from it all but you have to be still and know that He is God. You have so much to be thankful for. That was just my small list of things I'm thankful for.

Comments

Popular Posts