Unconditional Love

(Warning: If you haven't seen the Avengers then....wow. Go see it and then read this.)

Wow. God is incredible. Ok, God speaks to me in really unusual ways and sometimes people think I'm crazy or childish and stuff. But this is like, God. This isn't childish. It's His love. Now that I've got that point across I want to tell you about how God spoke to me today. Well, for the past week I've been praying and asking God to show me His love. Not just in a little feeling, in a legit psychical way. I asked Him to give me a visual of how much He loves me. When I asked for that I was thinking something like someone telling me something or reading a bible verse, you know? But God's a lot more creative then I am and He decided to do it in...a little unusual way.
   On Monday I saw the Avengers. It was SOOOOO epic! I loved it! Then yesterday I wanted to go with my family to see it. I almost didn't go. So after seeing it twice I've been in a super Avengers mood and all that. So I prayed again. I knew it had something to do with God and I asked Him to show me how this related to Him and how could I see Him in this simple movie. Let's just say God answered all of my prayers. Big time. (I'm about to go super geek on you so watch out.)
   My favorite character is Loki (Yes the bad guy. Don't judge.) and I realized one of my favorite thing about that movie was his relationship to his older brother Thor. Now, Loki is a bad guy. All he wants is revenge on Thor and power and glory and all that stuff. In the movie Thor, Loki tries to kill his older brother. He's mad because he always had to live in the shadow of his brother and he was upset because he thinks he's the rightful king. So Loki does all these things to Thor, trying to kill him, stab him, fight him, yell at him, and is just generally mean to him. But Thor...He doesn't retaliate. When Loki says he hates him, Thor says he loves him. He decides that he's going to love his brother regardless of his wrongs and the way he has been treated by him. Loki did NOTHING to deserve that love. In fact, all he did was fight him and throw it all in his face. That's how it is with God. All we want is what this world can offer. We want fame, glory and power. So we fight God and yell at him. But he loves us. God's love is UNCONDITIONAL! His love for us isn't reliant on us or how we treat Him. There is nothing we can possibly do to make God stop loving us. NOTHING!
   Its so crazy...like, it's utterly mind blowing. God literally showed me a visual of His intense love for me. But I'm hardly scratching the surface. His love for me, for you, for all of us is so big and so crazy that we can't even comprehend it. It doesn't matter what I do. He's going to love me always and forever.
   Wow. I really hope this made you think. It's amazing how with everything people are going through, God answered my one little prayer. I just wanted to see a movie. But when I asked for a picture of His love...I had no idea it would look this beautiful.



Comments

Popular Posts