For Nothing Will Be Impossible With God

God is incredible. For the past 7 or so months I've been battling a sickness called ITP. It's been hard. I've had to give up many activities I love because bruising could lead to my death. Everyone has been so protective of me and I was waiting on the day that it would all go away. Then I got some news: I would never get better. The average person has a blood platelet count of 120,000 I think. Mine were at 7,000. The doctor said if I ever got to 20,000 in my lifetime she would be very surprised. I wanted to cry. No more dodgeball games or doing stupid things with my friends. One mistake might cost me my life.
   My mom suggested I try going on a gluten free diet. My doctor said it wouldn't work. But we did it anyway. I was determined to get better and nothing anyone could say could stop me. So I tried it. For the past 2 months I had been on a gluten free diet. This was very hard considering how much gluten I used to eat before this. But I did it. Finally the day came. I was on my way to get my platelets checked again. We saw the doctor and she told me again: I would never get better. She pretty much just stomped on my hopes of healing. But they did the test and they said they would call us soon with the results.
   On the way home I listened to music because music always has a way of putting my thoughts into words better then I can. I realized how worried I was about getting better...but really, it didn't matter. Right then I decided that I wasn't going to worry about getting better. I was going to focus on God regardless of my situation. One song that helped me was Cling To You by Trip Lee. The chorus says "Lord, it may get better but it may not. So when I pray God I pray I would trust You whether or not the pain stops. So when the pain falls coming down like rain drops I just gotta cling to You." It doesn't matter what I'm going through. I need to cling to God. He is my hope.
   Well, 3 days later the doctor called. My platelets were at 50,000. My mom was shocked. The doctor was shocked. You know what I said? I told you so. Now, 50,000 isn't completely better, but in just that I overcame all odds. Because no one should ever tell me the odds. I have God. Yes, being gluten free is going to be hard but I'm getting better. For all the people that said I would never get better, when the world said give up, for all those nights I wanted it to just be over. NEVER underestimate my Jesus. NEVER.
   ^This is a link to a song that I LOVE. It's a song that helped me get through this. This is my victory song. It's called Look Away by Thousand Foot Krutch. When people told me it was ok to be afraid, when they told me to just turn away and cry, I said no. Not this time. This time I'm going to be brave. I'm done living in fear, it's time to step up and be courageous.
   This is the my favorite part:
   "Every time, every line, every time you want to say goodbye. Sing every time, every line, every time you want to say goodbye sing
   I will not look away this time. And take all these cuts and make them shine. And all this pain I've held inside, so I can find my way home again. I will not look away this time. Take all these cuts and make them shine. Don't want to be perfect just alright."
   So that's it. When everyone said it was impossible, God said He can do it.

Comments

  1. This is incredible. You are such a strong person! Gos is your strength. NEVER forget Philippians 4:13!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing, Faith! Praise the Lord! I will keep you in my prayers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much both of you:) Yes! Praise God! He's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts