"Why...."

In case you didn't read my previous blog I explained how I have a sickness (I guess that's what you could call it.) called ITP. ITP stands for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. That pretty much means that they have no idea what causes it. They don't know why it happens.
That got me thinking. Hard.
It's just like a lot of the things that happen to us and they make us ask questions like:
"Why did my dad lose his job?"
"Why did they have to die?"
"Why is my life so hard?"
"Why can't I just fit in?"
"Why did my parents have to get divorced?"
"Why did we get evicted from our home?"
"Why did they have to get sick?"
I've gone through some of that stuff, and I know lots of people struggle with some of those and many more. When bad things happen to us we usually ask "Why?"
The truth is: no one knows. No one on this earth knows why bad things happen to us. But God does. He has a purpose for all the hard things your going through right now. Sometimes it feels like we can't do it. Like our whole world is falling apart.
In March of 2010 I was evicted from my home. I had to live with friends for a year before God finally got me and my family a house. Some days I would be fine and my faith would be rock solid and other days I got tempted to ask "God, why? Why did this happen?"
Now I've got a home and looking back at all the hard things I went through I see it. I see why. I was changed. God has a plan for all the bad things that we go through. He never promised that life wasn't hard, but He promised that He would be there with us.
For some diseases people know why it happens, they know how it comes about. But do they really know WHY it happens? Why does God let people have cancer? Why do I have ITP? I don't know yet. But I have faith that one day I will know why. So for right now, I don't need to know why. I just need to be still and know that God is in control.
"Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

Comments

Popular Posts