Patience

(Note: If you haven't seen Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace you probably won't have any idea what I'm talking about in this blog post. If you haven't seen it, I VERY highly recommend that you run to the nearest movie store as fast as you can and pick up a copy of The Phantom Menace because your crazy if you haven't seen it! Then you may proceed to reading this blog post.)


Hey! So as usual I was trying to sleep last night and as I was laying down I was thinking. I have been so anxious to be back up and playing sports again. Once God opens the doors for me to play I'll be up and running! I realized I needed a lot of patience. I'm not so good at waiting. I've been so freaked out about not being able to play sports and I've been to busy thinking about the things I'm missing to see what God wants me to learn from this!
Then my train of random thoughts went to how its kind of like how people sometimes come to a standing still point in their faith. Where they want to do stuff for God and their ready to take their next step but God wants them to sit tight at the moment.
Well, sometimes (Actually a lot of times.) my mind translates things or situations into things I can comprehend better. So while I was thinking of that my mind translated that situation into Geek Language. It totally reminded me of that big battle scene at the end of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace where Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are fighting Darth Maul then Obi-Wan falls behind and when he catches up the shields pop up.
Qui-Gon gets on his knees and waited patiently until the shields went back up, but Obi-Wan was anxious.
When your stuck between the shields, don't feel anxious. God's got a plan. He's got you there. So get down on your knees like Qui-Gon and pray. Soon the shields will be down and you can go take your next step.
Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts