Update

   I know these are boring and no I do not care. It's been a while. I've been up to some stuff and since I have nothing better to talk about, here we are. Please enjoy this mess of a post.

School
   It's been fun, not gonna lie. I was starting to lose my mind just sitting at home. I have great classes this semester, as I've mentioned before. Photography is going amazing! It's all about how to shoot with a 35mm film camera and developing and stuff. We shoot in all black and white which I adore. I cried in the darkroom one day because I accidentally poured the fixer into the stopbath bottle and my professor asked if my film was okay. I nodded. He told me "Then its okay. You only cry when you ruin film. And even then it's barely worth it." He's the best professor I ever had. The first day at at school he showed us some of his work and he said "Someone came up to me and said "You know John, I'm really glad you're a photographer. Because if you weren't you'd be a serial killer." So obviously we get along just fine.

   I can't wait to share some of my prints with you!

   Speech class is good. I have my first speech tomorrow, (Wish me luck!) And I'm really loving theatre art. My professor says things incredibly profound things that I just love. I actually did an entire post about that over on the Rise Above It Missions page, which you can check out HERE. But then I have biology....and that class will be the death of me. It's 4 and a half hours, although luckily we get out early most days. But I don't like what my professor teaches and he has a really thick accent that's hard to understand him, and he's confusing. I have a test for that this Friday and I really don't think I'm ready for it. So prayers please!

Watching
   So much Parks And Rec. I got my little brother into it so we watch it an episode or two every night. We also make so many jokes and references throughout the day. I just love that show. I'm at the beginning of the 5th season and I don't want it to ever end.

   On top of that, Adam and Ronda have been getting me into Saturday Night Live. Seriously both of them slayed so hard. Well it was them and my sister, who got me into it.  Plus I have a lot more respect for comedy artists after reading Amy Poehlers book. Even if a lot of the jokes they make on there are sketchy, I really appreciate how hard they work. And it's hard not to smile when the cast breaks and starts laughing, because I can't help but think about how they're having the best times of their lives. I get a lot of secondhand joy from it.

   And Pete Davidson is a precious cinnamon roll.



Reading
   I finished reading Equus by Peter Shaffer and WOW. It blew my mind. It really does deserve a review of its own.

   I also started Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow. It's fantastic so far. It's a bit hard for me to read, plus it's huge. (Over 700 pages.) But I'm really enjoying it. Between reading that and listening to the Hamilton soundtrack, I feel super pumped. Honestly. It makes me want to start a revolution or finish college. 10/10 would recommend.

Listening
   The Grease Live soundtrack because I missed seeing it. (Sad day, I know.) Also I've really been enjoying Halsey, (Still on that kick.) and freaking The Killers. That band is so rad and it took me waaaaay too long to realize it. The song by them I've been loving the most is When You Were Young.



Writing
   *Laughs nervously*

Excited
To go see some live shows with my best friend and sister! We're seeing The Flick in a few weeks, and possibly The Scottsboro Boys this summer. I'm so glad I have someone who's willing to go see performances with me. It's gonna be a great time.

Social Media Crap
    Because some of the things I post are cool.


A photo posted by Faith |-/ (@geek4god) on

A photo posted by Faith |-/ (@geek4god) on

   




 I am was really angry about Kylo/Adam. But what else is new.

http://jedi4christ.tumblr.com/post/138353768355

http://jedi4christ.tumblr.com/post/138323110700/anaukin-john-boyega-looked-good-today-i-didnt
      Health
   Oh yeah. The bad news.

   Well. I had an ultrasound to check out the growth on my thyroid annnnnnnnd it grew. So I'm having a biopsy next Thursday and then I have to meet with my doctor. I have to see my rheumy on Monday as well. I haven't been feeling good. I've been having to take 2 hour long naps the second I get back from school. I've been nauseous a lot too, and I've had a headache the past few days. It sucks. Although right now it's not that bad. I'm actually feeling pretty good. I just had dinner and didn't feel terrible. So I should probably study for those tests now...

   Thanks for sticking with me for another boring post while I try to entertain you guys until I can come up with something clever and also find the energy/motivation to write it.

  What are all of you up to? It makes me sad a lot of people have left over the past couple weeks. I try not to take it personally. Sorry.

   What do you want to read on the blog? More Star Wars? More serious stuff? Play reviews? Or applicable posts? Let me know.

   You guys rock. Stay awesome.

Comments

  1. Star Wars. More Star Wars is always good. ;)

    my brother told me I should watch Parks and Rec...I didn't like it when I tried watching last year (the format confused me), but I think I'm gonna give it another shot. once I get my fill of aliens from Falling Skies. :)

    I love you loads, Faith, and I'm praying for you every day. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flipping love the Killers, and who don't like Kylo. Sorry that you feel sick, I will prat for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen a post by you in awhile, so I was glad to see one this morning. (fact: I think your blog is pretty awesome and do read it, I'm just one of the "mostly silent" ones...)
    But anywho, I did not find this post boring. Your photography class sounds fun- gotta love black and white. And can I say how much I relate to the guy you have dubbed a precious cinnamon role? The news... I can't, either.
    Best of wishes on your speech, as well as you as you go through your health issues. I'll certainly pray for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will pray for you as you deal with your health issues! Photography class sounds like a lot of fun XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on that speech, girl! But I'm glad you're enjoying school, I am too! <3 Even if it's dumb old math. *kicks at dirt clods with toe of shoe while mumbling obscenities.* I know you feel me in general, girlfriend. XD

    Parks and Rec is the best! I took like five characters tests for it: three results for Andy, one for Ann Perkins, and one for Tom Haverford. So yep, quite a combo! XD

    AM FEELING YOUR WRITING SECTION. >.<

    And wow, you're such a fighter. I will be praying for your health. I can't imagine. <3 You stay awesome, too, ok?!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a perfect score on my speech :)

      and I took a Parks And Rec character quiz and I got Ben Wyatt. hahaha. Which honestly doesnt surprise me. lol.

      Delete
  6. I love reading your blog, because it's so authentic in every way. Posts like these are kind of the best, because they're just you. They're about you and not just you being eloquent and awesomely extracting some bit of truth from something or another. I love those, but this is so good for so many reasons. Not boring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts