He Will Never Let You Go

Hello all!
So the other day I had a really cool God sighting and I've been doing a lot of thinking and whatnot so I might jump around a lot. But mainly today I want to tell you my favorite love story of all time. It's great because it's mine. In a way it's very classic, but the kind of love is agape love. Unconditional love. Not on my part, but the Guy who loves me.
   Now, every girl wants a guy to pursue them. To love them and hold them and promise never to leave them. I never really thought about it before but God pursued me for 8 years! For 8 years I had been going to church pretty much every week and could give you all the answers to all the bible questions. But I never really got it. Sure I could tell you how to get into heaven. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." (Acts 16:31) Oftentimes when people would ask me how to get saved I would get nervous because I was afraid of giving the wrong answer. I never actually accepted it for myself. But God never gave up on me. After 8 whole years of Him trying to grab my attention, it finally clicked. I got saved.

   But I still get distracted. Very easily, in fact. But God doesn't stop waiting for me. I'll go wander off to the next thing that catches my eye and maybe sometimes even forget to Whom I belong. But He never forgets about me. He brings me back to Him. He will not alone anything to take me away from Him. "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Fathers hand." (John 10:29)

   Every person wants to be loved. Yet why do we fail to see how much God loves us? He blesses us above and beyond what we deserve! How can I complain when I have a roof over my head, a family who loves me, friends who will always stick by me, an amazing church, and a mansion and a King waiting for me in heaven? Yeah, sorry. I'm done complaining. God loves us far more than anyone here on earth ever could. Because His love isn't dependant on us. He loves us no matter how far we stray from Him or how much we trip up.

   Psalm 139 has really been on my heart for the past few days. I've been leaving my bible open to it so whenever I see my open bible I remember that passage. It's really amazing. It says God is "intimately acquainted with all my ways." and "you laid Your hand upon me." Plus it says He thinks of us constantly. We are on the minds of the Creator of the universe. Umm, WHAT?!?! If you don't think that's cool then somethings wrong with you. Because that's crazy awesome! Not only is He thinking of us, He will always be with us. No matter where we go; heaven, Sheol, the remotest part of the sea. His hand will lead us. It also says He has a book that contains all of my days. He has a book for me....yep....God is pretty great.

   The other day God said to me "We're staying together. You're not getting away from me. Never again." (Props if you know what that's from.) Because He waited for 8 long years for me, and now that we're finally together there isn't anything that can separate us. Not death, life, angels, demons, height, depth, nothing in all of creation! (Romans 8:38) Even when I fall He holds my hand. Or as the song Crawl (Carry Me Through) by Superchick puts it. "If I have to crawl, will you crawl too?" Yes He will.

   I hope God uses this to speak to you. People have asked me before if God will give you a sign to let you know He's there; to let you feel His love. Heck yeah He will! He loves pouring His love out on you! Because you belong to Him! Hold on to that truth this weekend. You are loved!

   Oh! One more thing! I want to share with you some songs that I listen to when I'm thinking of God's love because music makes me think and see things more clearly. So here is my Unconditional Love Playlist:

Never Let You Go-Manafest
After The World-Disciple
How He Loves-David Crowder Band
All Around Me-Flyleaf
Remind Me Who I Am-Jason Grey
All Along-Remedy Drive
Atmosphere-Toby Mac
Head Over Heals (In This Life)-Switchfoot
By Your Side-Tenth Ave. North
And many more but these are just a few. I can find a song for any life situation. It's great. If you look them up and hear them for the first time, let me know what you think! Have a great day! God loves you!

Comments

Popular Posts