Set Your Mind On Things Above

Hello! Today I just kinda wanted to talk about life. Everyone says being a teenager is hard. Well, it is. But it can be better. It all depends on how you react to things. I hear people complain about silly things like "Oh my friend was talking about me." "this boy doesn't like me." "School is so stupid." Don't get me wrong, I fuss a lot about stupid things. We all do. But I try to put it in perspective. In the end when this is all done, when we're face to face with God, is it even going to matter? No. The only thing that's going to matter is how you responded to it. Why should I spend my whole life worrying about what my friends think of me or who's talking about me behind my back? God knows whats going on. The people who do wrong will get punished for it. So don't follow.
In Psalm 73 David tells God how he noticed that the people who don't follow God have it to easy. He says how he follows God with his all and every day he get's oppressed. But I love the way this chapter ends. He doesn't end by saying that he's going to stop following God so he can get it easier. Nope. David knows that the people who do wrong will get punished. The last couple verses in this chapter are beautiful! He says "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For, behold, those who are far from you will perish; You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to you. But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all your works."
In the end none of the stupid little things that people like to complain about are going to matter, so focus on things above. Focus on God.
"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."-Psalm 37:4
"Set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on the earth."-Colossians 3:2

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts