No...I Don't Celebrate Halloween...

It's that time of year again, and you know what that means. It's the time that I need to explain to everybody why I don't celebrate Halloween. I decided to write about it because I've had at least 15 people freak out on me when I've told them that I've never been Trick Or Treating.
Well, on halloween every year my family and I would read a book called "Mommy, Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween." So let me explain why. It's a long complicated story, so I'll just cover some of it.
It starts with the origin of the holiday. (if you even want to call it that.) People used to dress up in animal skins and skulls and dance around a fire to scare away "evil spirits." Creepy Huh? They would also cut holes in pumpkins and put a candle in it and stick a candle in it and put it outside their doors to keep away evil spirits. There's a lot more to the story but I'm not going to go that far into it.
I know what your thinking. "But it's just going around and getting candy, we're not doing it to scare evil spirits." But the world has bent it and made it look innocent, like it's done to many other things. October 31st is Satan's favorite day of the year, it's the time of year that millions of people celebrate him, whether they know it or not.
So there. That's just the basic reason of why I don't celebrate halloween. I don't care if anyone learns anything from what I just said. It's just my opinion. So if you love trick or treating, take no offense. It's just my views, like all the other stuff on this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts