When Life Gets Crazy

Wow. There are so many things I want to write about. God decided to throw me all this stuff at one time and all of these different situations and...yeah. See, my life isn't really that complicated. I don't go through drama like most teenagers and I've never really fought with a friend before either. I don't usually worry about much and I'm just generally a happy person. Well, since God has overwhelmed me with all this stuff it's really been a test of my faith. It hasn't been easy. I'm the kind of person that can stand strong through super hard situations but when my sibling gets into my stuff I have a heart attack. I'm weird like that. So along with all these interesting things going on I have trouble dealing with silly little things like when my siblings fight and stuff.

   But I have a question. It's probably something you've thought about before.
   What do you do when your life is fine and then suddenly everything changes. Where you've had your life planned and then your plans all fall apart. Ever had that happen to you? So what do you do?

   Well that's simple.

   Live with it.

   Don't freak out. Just trust God. I know all you want to do is freak out and become overwhelmed with stress but be still. In the book of Matthew God tells us the cure for anxiety. Don't have anxiety. Simply don't let fear rule your life. You are stronger then it. It's a lot easier said then done but God holds your future. It's hard to just give God all of our fears and our plans and our future. But really think about it. We mess up. We're humans. We are flawed and we can't tell what may happen tomorrow. God, the Creator of the universe who knows what each day will bring us, wants to lead us. He says to cast all your anxiety on Him. (1 Peter 5:7) I think He has better plans for us then we have for us. We think we know better but really, God does.

   I have a cool quote I found. It's one of my favorites.
"I try not to make plans. God always laughs at my plans. I'm just going to keep the door open, keep the page blank and see what gets painted upon it."
 Tom Hiddleston said that. It's very true. We make plans and then God just like "Nope." We think we know what we're doing when really, God has something better for us. It may not seem better at the time but it is. Jeremiah 29:11 says "'For I know the plans I have for you' Declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
   So when life gets crazy and you want to panic, stay strong. The Lord is with you. He is the one who goes before you. I know you can do it. You may not feel strong enough, and maybe your not. But God is. And He is with you.

"I don't ask God for things. I ask Him to show me what I can do for Him."
   Lourdes from one of my favorite TV shows (Falling Skies) said that. I love that quote. But of course God wants us to ask Him things, that's definetly not wrong. God wants us to go to Him with prayers of petition and requests but I love the end of that quote. How about instead of freaking out and asking God to just take away all of your problems you say "God, how can I use this for Your glory?" How can you use your problem for Him?

 
      On a side note: My birthday was on the 26th! I'm officially 16! Maybe I'll get into that a little more in another post but as of right now I wont say much. I bought the first season of Falling Skies (which enabled me to hear that quote! Thanks God!) And as a gift from my family I got the Avengers 4 disc pack thing with the regular DVD, the blueray, the digital copy and the soundtrack. Win! Yep. I'm a happy 16 year old!

   May The Force Be With You!!!

Comments

Popular Posts